HydroReleased Ingredients™ from Steuben GNS are
fueling the evolution
of plant-based foods.
To enhance the nutritional, flavor, and textural value of foods and beverages by providing HydroReleased Ingredients from grains, nuts, and seeds.
Our Reason for Being = Dr. Cheryl Mitchell:
The plant-based revolution was stimulated by consumer concerns regarding health and lifestyles, environmental sustainability, and maximizing the nutritional value of our food sources. Dr. Cheryl Mitchell realized during her development of rice milk in the late 1980’s that much of the nutrients were lost during processing of the base ingredient. Realizing that this would not be a sustainable practice in the future, she invested in the R&D to create simple, usable ingredients that maximize the nutrient value of every grain, nut, and seed. By 2005, Dr. Mitchell filed patents for what became known as the HydroReleased Process and HydroReleased Ingredients.
- Description of our relationship with Steuben Foods & Elmhurst 1925:
- HydroReleased Ingredients is the ingredient sales branding for Steuben GNS, which is a division of Steuben Foods. Elmhurst 1925 is a sister company of Steuben Foods.
- 2005 – The HydroReleased Ingredient™ (“HRI”) technology was developed by Dr. Cheryl R. Mitchell and patent filed.
- 2006 – First HRI ingredient plant developed by Dr. Mitchell was built in California.
- 2010 – HRI ingredients and process received US patent.
- 2015 – HRI technology was sold to Steuben Foods, Elma, NY.
- 2016 – Construction of HRI manufacturing facility in Elma, NY began.
- 2017 – Launch of HRI ingredients for use in Elmhurst 1925 beverages.
- 2021 – HRI ingredients opened sales to food and beverage industry.
- Future Developments – Introduction of functional HydroReleased fiber, oil, and protein ingredients in 2022.